Please note: The Replicape Rev B Kickstarter was a success! The stock qty. is the remaining boards from the first batch and will be delivered along with the rewards from the Kickstarter. The estimated shipping date is mid December.
Replicape is an open source 3D printer cape for BeagleBone. It’s super fast, easily hackable and it has the Internet. It’s also our first product, and we’re extremely proud of it.
Read the specs and buy it here
Here are the most important specs:
- 1GHz of raw power (on the BBB)
- 5 stepper motor drivers (Trinamic TMC2100)
- 3 high power MOSFETs for 2 extruders and 1 HPB
- 4 medium power PWM controlled MOSFETs for up to 4 fans/LED strips
- 3 analog input ports for thermistors. Noise-filtered inputs
- 6 inputs for end stops, two doubles as servo outputs, one doubles as inductive sensor input.
- 1 bus for Dallas 1W temperature sensor for monitoring the cold end. Up to 10 sensors can be added to the bus.
- Microstepping individually programmable for each SMD from 1 to 256.
- All steppers are controlled by the Programmable Realtime Unit (PRU) for hard real time operation.
- Single 12 to 24V PSU, fans are still 12V.
- Compatible with BeagleBone and BeagleBone Black
- Controllable via Ethernet, USB and Manga Screen
- Rugged connectors and lots of protection makes it ideal for development.
- Open source software written in Python for maintainability and hackability.
- Both hardware, firmware and software are open source under the CC BY-SA licence
For a quick into video, have a look at this:
For info on getting started, have a look at the wiki:
For production files, have a look at the repository:
*Note: The BeagleBone Black is not included in the price.